Soil Stains Out of Clothes
Loving outdoor activities can get you tough soil stains, whether from playing sports, cycling, having a picnic, or gardening. No matter how much you love these activities, having soil stains may still annoy and worry you, especially when it is on your favorite garment.
Regardless of the stain source, the spot it left on your garment has to be effectively removed without damaging your clothing. You have to pre-treat the soil stain before sending the clothing to the laundry delivery service to ensure that the stain will not settle further into the fabrics.
Follow these steps to remove the tough soil stains completely.
How to Remove Soil Stains
It is nice that you know the usual advice when washing stains. However, removing tough soil stain especially from gardening has a small difference.
- Let the soil stain dry. This is the difference between other stains, it asks you to let it dry than act upon it immediately. Blotting fresh soil stain will only cause the stain to spread and smear. Thus, it is better to let it dry to have more time to remove the stain.
- Scrape and vacuum the stain. Use a dull knife or spoon to scrape the soil stain gently. If there are clumps of dust, you can remove them with a vacuum.
- Apply laundry detergent and gently rub. Only use liquid detergent when dealing with stains. Powder detergent may cause soap residues which only worsens the situation. Gently rub the detergent and let it sit for a few minutes to help loosen the stain.
- Use a stain remover, if possible. If the stain is quite stubborn. Use a stain remover, it is up to you if you want the stick stain remover, or you will use natural ingredients and soak the clothes in the solution.
- Wash and dry. Wash clothes as usual, but do not forget to follow its wash care labels. Dry the garment only when all of the stain traces are removed.
If the stain remains, do not tumble dry the clothes. You can do the steps again but do not tumble dry your clothing. If you mistakenly dry the clothing with stains, it will set the stain further. You have to brace yourself for another challenge in removing stubborn stains.
Things to Remember When Removing Soil Stains
Unfortunately, the steps mentioned in this article only apply to garments that are good for washing. Other delicate garments have different approaches, just like:
- Clothes that require dry cleaning have to be sent to a laundry service that offers dry cleaning.
- Leather garments have a unique approach. You have to follow the care labels for leather clothes if you want to do it right.
This has to work wonders.
It is frustrating that your favorite clothes have soil stains. If this unfortunate event happens to you, it is better to keep things calm and pre-treat the stains to ensure it does not have a chance to go further in the fabrics.