Fit While At Home
We are living in an exceptional moment in which we must adapt to the conditions and try by all means to preserve our routines as much as possible: we must do physical exercise.
The situation caused by the outbreak of the new coronavirus has blown up our routine at all levels. The state of alarm and the period of confinement that we must face hinders some of our customs, but we must adapt to the circumstances and try by all means not to ignore any of our good habits: we must move.
The World Health Organization restarts doing at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity, which means spending 30 minutes 5 days a week doing some physical exercise. A reasonably realistic goal that provides countless benefits for physical and mental health.
Also read: Honey, the More Transparent, the Better
Benefits of physical exercise according to science
It remains widely scientifically documented and proven that, along with diet and the abandonment of certain harmful habits, exercising is one of the fundamental factors leading to a longer life free of chronic diseases. Overweight and obesity greatly influence our health Fit While At Home.
- It reduces the risk of suffering from different cardiovascular diseases and high blood pressure.
- Reduces the danger of diabetes and some types of cancer.
- Improve bone and purposeful health, which prevents difficulties such as sarcopenia or osteoporosis
- Improve aspects such as balance, coordination or mobility.
- Develops muscles, improves strength and essential physical condition.
- It helps maintain caloric balance and a healthy weight, supports mental health, reduces the risk of depression, and helps manage stress.
- Help to drop asleep, whose inferior superiority is also a source of diseases.
Ten tips to keep fit
- For its part, the College of Physiotherapists of Catalonia has drawn up a decalogue to maintain the recommended level of physical activity. That isolation due to the coronavirus does not negatively affect healthy people who are at home.
- Do not extend your time in bed longer than usual. Always respect the regular hours of rest whenever possible.
- Hydrate well and adjust the diet to the real needs of the moment (less activity, fewer caloric needs).
- Establish an exercise program adjusted to our real possibilities based on the four essential capacities: flexibility, speed, resistance and strength.
- When we are sitting, we can mobilize the feet by raising and lowering the toes, making circles or describing figures of imaginary letters or numbers in the air, moving the arms in different directions, and moving and stabilizing the trunk back and forth sides. Playing to reach and move objects, more or less heavy, can become a good movement strategy around our sitting position.
A straightforward exercise
- A straightforward exercise to avoid losing strength in the legs and improve conditioning is to get up and sit from a chair fifteen or twenty times in a row, maintaining a good rhythm, considering that the amount must remain adjusted if discomfort or fatigue is detected. Go up and down “stairs” using a small stable stool.
- If we can walk, let’s do it inside the room or between the furthest ends of the home for 5 minutes every hour. If the reduced space does not allow us reasonable movements, a good alternative is the “simulated gait”, that is, walking in the place without moving forward, lifting the knees alternately.
- To uphold muscle tone in the arms, we can do push-ups on the wall. You are standing in front of a wall, with your feet away from it. Lean against the wall with both hands. Your elbows bent, and push the wall until your elbows remain extended. Maintaining this same support in front of the wall, we can raise and lower both heels simultaneously, keeping the knees straight.
- If we have regular contact with specific disciplines such as Pilates, yoga or something similar, we must know that they remain recommended to keep us active.
- Dancing will provide us with physical and mental well-being. It will help us to continue muscle tone, do coordination work, enrich balance approaches, improve cardiorespiratory resolution or make us smile.
Fit While At Home, Suppose we have elastic bands, stationary bikes, treadmills, steps or dumbbells. In that case. They are undoubtedly an excellent complement to our exercise program that can enrich our strategies. Provide elements of resistance or facilitation of movement and can be a good ally in our smash plan against inactivity.
Also read: Ten Tips To Have More Beautiful Hair